Replacing the 37561S.S, 8-Foot Belt Instructions
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repairs made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owners Manual and/or Installation Poster for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and
cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull Emergency Release Cord on Carriage to disengage Opener to close the door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using Opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling the Emergency Release Cord, make certain people and objects are clear of the door opening.)
2. Unplug the garage door opener Power Cord from power receptacle.
3. Open the light lens cover by pressing middle tab inward and then remove the light bulbs. (FIGURE 1).
4. Remove the Wall Console and Safe-T-Beam wires from the Terminal Block located on side of Opener (FIGURE 1). Use a small common screwdriver to press in on the orange tabs while gently pulling the wires out from the block. Mark wires to help facilitate the replacement of the wires.
5. Remove Network and Battery Backup Harness from the front of the garage door opener (if applicable).
6. Remove the 2-9/16” Nuts & Bolts from Door Arms to separate the garage door from the garage door opener. (FIGURE 2).
7. Remove Power Head and the belt rail assembly from it's mounting brackets and then set it on a clean work surface or onto the garage floor.
8. Remove the 4-7/16” self-tapping bolts from the Rail/Motor mounting straps and pull the belt rail from Power Head. (FIGURE .3). Set Power Head aside. Set the belt rail Assembly on the floor upside down to aid in disassembly.
9. Loosen Tensioner Nut from door end of Rail to create slack in Belt. (FIGURE 4).
10. Remove 2-1/4” screws holding the Belt Pulley Guard in place. (FIGURE. 5).
11. Remove 2-1/4” screws from Motor Belt Pulley Assembly. (FIGURE. 3).
12. Dislodge Motor belt Pulley Assembly from locking tabs (FIGURE. 3) and slide towards door end of the belt rail to feed Tensioner Assembly, Pulley Guard, and Belt out through the end of the Rail. (FIGURE. 5).
13. Remove the belt Tensioner Pulley Pin to remove Pulley. (FIGURE. 5)
14. Discard old Belt & Bullet Assembly and replace with the 37561S.S new belt in reverse order.
15. Reinstall Tensioner Pulley Pin. (FIGURE. 5).
16. Slide Motor Pulley Assembly, Carriage, Pulley Guard, and Tensioner Assembly back into original position making certain that locking tabs on Motor Pulley Assembly protrude through slots in the belt Rail and secure with the 2-1/4” screws. (FIGURE. 5).
17. Secure Pulley Guard with 2-1/4” screws.
18. Tighten Tensioner Nut until the slack in the belt is removed.
19. Install Rail to the Power Head Assembly using the two Mounting Straps and 4-7/16” self-tapping screws. (FIGURE. 3).
20. Reinstall the Garage Door Opener in reverse order as it was removed. Reference the Owners Manual and Installation Poster for your model garage door opener.
21. Plug Opener back in.
22. Clear and reprogram Limit Controls per Owners Manual if needed.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.