Controller Board (36600R.S) Replacement Instructions
1. Remove Power from Operator
2. Lower Lens Cover (figure 1)
3. Remove Light Bulbs ( figure 1)
4. Lower Cover (figure 1)
- Remove four 8-32 x 1 Phillip screws
NOTE: Leave wires connected to the terminal strip they will be removed later
5. Remove Controller Board (figure 2)
- Remove flat flex cable from Controller Board
- Remove three 8/32 screws from Controller Board
- Slide board to the right and remove
6. Install New 36600R.S Controller Board (figure 2)
- Slide board to the left being careful of the Opto Wheel and Motor Drive Board
- Align holes on Controller board with holes on the Top Plate Assembly
- Attach Controller Board with three 8/32 screws
- Attach flax flex cable from Motor Drive Board to the Controller Board
7. Install Potentiometer Shafts (figure 3)
- Push onto Potentiometer on Controller Board
8. Attach Cover to Top Plate Assembly (figure 4)
- Align holes on cover with holes on top plate assembly
- Attach with four 8-32 x 1 Phillip screws
9. Install Light Bulbs (figure 4)
- Use bulbs rated for 60 Watts maximum, rough services, appliances
- Screw bulbs clockwise into the light socket
- Close lens cover
NOTE: Do not overtighten light bulbs in sockets
10. Remove and install wires from old Controller Board terminal strip to New Controller Board Terminal Strip (figure 5)
- Remove 1 wire at a time from the old terminal strip
- Place on the new terminal strip in the same place
- Striped wire from wall control to terminal 1
- White wire from wall control to terminal 2
- white wire from STB source to terminal 2
- Striped wire from STB source to terminal 3
- One wire from "Open" limit switch to terminal 4
- One wire from "Open" limit switch to terminal 5
- One wire from "Close" limit switch to terminal 5
- One wire from "Close" limit switch to terminal 6
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
I have just received this replacement board. How do I set the three pots on this board after installing it?
Are you referring to where the wires go?
Hello, My garage door is opening but is not closing, Can you help remedy this issue?
This could be an issue with the safe-t-beams. For assistance please contact customer service at 1.800.354.3643.
Hello, Chadwick Here again , I did the check on the safe t beam units ,everything seems to be ok with both of them, green light and red light are on steady no interruption with the beam. What I should have explained is that, we had a spike in electricity Saturday and after that is when the door wasn't closing. So my conclusion is that the main board may have gotten damaged in that spike. I'm speculating her I may be wrong.
That could be correct, or it still could be something else. Will the door close if you press and hold the wall console in?
My unit only closes if you press and hold the interior button down for the whole cycle ? nothing from the remotes Is the board going bad? Model ISD995
I have an Excelerator Model ISD990 and I get 2 blinks showing a problem of Controller Board Interrupt. I have unplugged it as directed and plugged it back in and it works for a sequence or two and stops again. Does this sound like I need a control board replacement?
Yes it does sound like the control board would need to be replaced. If you would like to troubleshoot with our tech support, you can contact them at 1-800-354-3643 for assistance.
I have an ISD990. Motor jumps a bit but no drive shaft or carriage movement. No status blinks except an on and off when remote pressed. Unplugged and replugged. Suggestions?
If the motor is running but the screw drive is not turning, that sounds like the coupler could be stripped. But if the motor is not running (but just trying to start) that could be a few things. For troubleshooting assistance, please contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643.