ChainMax 1/2 HPC Durable Chain Drive Garage Door Opener with Battery Backup
The Genie ChainMax durable chain drive garage door opener has a DC motor that provides the ultimate combination of reliability and strength. This garage door opener is packed with all of the latest technology at a reasonable price. For extra safety and added convenience, this Genie garage door opener features an integrated battery backup. That battery backup will power the garage door opener for up to 50 cycles when the main power is out. This transition from home power to running on the battery happens instantly when the main power is out making sure you are never locked out. It also has a GenieSense enabled DC motor that provides unmatched durability, making it the ideal choice to open most 7 ft. high garage doors. The ChainMax, like all Genie garage door openers, comes equipped with Intellicode rolling code technology that prevents unauthorized persons from opening your garage door. You will also enjoy the added conveniences of a pre-programmed 3 button remote for quicker set-up, and a wall control panel with an independent light button and vacation lock for added security. The Genie Safe-T-Beam garage door safety sensors ensure your family’s safety and help prevent accidents with an infrared beam of light across the door opening.
- The integrated backup battery operates this garage door opener up to 50 times after your power goes out
- Heavy-duty chain drive system allows for long-lasting, durable operation
- 1/2 HPc DC motor will smoothly lift a sectional garage door up to 7 ft. in height and up to 500 lbs.
- An extension kit is available (Genie EKTC) for 8 ft. high residential garage doors
- Genie's SmartSet programming makes set-up fast and easy with the simple push of a button
- Easy to install 5-piece tube style rigid rail system snaps together with no special hardware required
- Keep your home safe with state-of-the-art security of Genie Intellicode changes the opener's access code when the remote is used
- GenieSense monitoring technology minimizes wear and tear by always monitoring the garage door
- HomeLink + Car2U integration comes standard, no additional hardware required (Genie Exclusive)
- Safe-T-Beam system keeps your pets and family safe by reversing the closing garage door if anything passes through the beam
- For the best illumination in your garage use the Genie LED light bulbs specifically designed for garage door openers
- Maintenance-free precision machined motor and gearbox backed by a limited 10-year warranty
- Includes a pre-programmed 3-button remote, and a multi-function wall console (control panel)
- For use on sectional garage doors only, not for use on 1 piece garage doors
SKU: 38960SASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
how long is the poser cord for this opener? I need to have an outlet installed as non exists currently.
The power cord is approximately 4 feet in length with approximately 3.5 feet outside of the powered. We would recommend locating the outlet within 3 feet of the opener motor head.
Do I have to buy extra equipment to make it a smart garage?
Yes, the ChainMax 1/2 HPC Durable Chain Drive Garage Door Opener with Battery Backup (geniecompany.com) requires adding the Aladdin Connect to upgrade the unit to use wifi (Smart Garage opener). Otherwise, you can purchase an opener that already has integrated wifi, a chain model would with integrated wifi would be the 2033 and belt models would be 3053 and 7155.
I installed a new Genie garage door opener and the remotes and wall control will not work.
Please call 1.800.354.3643 for technical assistance. We will be happy to help resolve this issue!
Installing a Chain Drive Garage Door Opener with the BILT App
This Genie product offers 3D Interactive Instructions in the free BILT® App available for download.
Support for models:
1035, 1055, 2036, 2033, 3053, 2035, 2055, 3035, 3055, 7035, 7055 (ChainDrive 550, Chain Drive 750, SilentMax® 550, StealthLift® 500, SilentMax® 750, Chain Glide Connect, SilentMax Connect, QuietLift Connect, Chain Drive 500, Chain Drive 525, QuietLift™ 750, StealthDrive® 750)
Keeps your home and family safe by changing the access code from billions of combinations at each door activation to help prevent unauthorized access.
Patented technology that automatically finds the best line of communication between Genie® products. This maximizes the range of radio frequency devices and improves the overall performance of products.
Provides safety by continuously monitoring the operation of the garage door opener, stopping the operation to alert you when significant changes occur.