Genie Master Remote (Transmitter) Operation and Programming Instructions
There are a few different programming instructions below based off of which model garage door opener you are programming the Master remotes to. Each button can be programmed to a different type, just follow the instructions for your model.
A. For use with Intellicode® 1 Openers—
The Master Remote comes from the factory in the Intellicode® 1 Operating Mode. The Intellicode®1 Mode is indicated by a RED LED light on the remote whenever a button is pressed (FIG. 2).
Program the remote as you would any Intellicode® 1 remote using the following steps:
1. Locate the Learn Code Button and Learn Code Indicator LED on your garage door opener’s powerhead (FIG. 1) (See owner’s manual).
2. Press and release the Learn Code Button—the Learn Code LED light will blink rapidly.
3. Press and release the Remote Button you want to program, (FIG. 2)—the Learn Code LED will stay on (stops blinking)
4. Press and release the same Remote Button again—the Learn Code LED light will turn off.
5. Press and release the same Remote Button again—the garage door opener will run.
NOTE: Each garage door opener must have its own assigned Remote Button. To program additional garage door openers, repeat the steps above using a different Remote Button. (or steps below if it is a different type garage door opener)
B. For use with Intellicode® 2 Openers—
The button or buttons on your Master remote that you wish to use to operate Intellicode® 2 openers, must be switched to the Intellicode® 2 Operating Mode. The Intellicode® 2 Mode is indicated by a GREEN LED on the remote whenever a button is pressed (FIG. 2).
To shift to Intellicode® 2 mode:
1. Press and hold the chosen Remote Button—A steady RED LED will be illuminated and after 10 seconds— a GREEN LED will also illuminate.
2. Release the button.
3. Press and release that same button again TWICE—the remote’s LEDs will both turn off.
4. Press and release that same button again—the remote’s GREEN LED will light while you press that button indicating it is now in Intellicode® 2 mode.
To program the remote to an opener:
1. Press and hold the PROGRAM/SET (FIG. 1) button on opener’s powerhead for 2 seconds or until the round LED turns BLUE. When you release the button the BLUE LED will go out and the LONG LED will turn PURPLE.
2. Press and release the Remote Button you want to assign to that opener.
3. Press and release that same button. After releasing the button the second time, the LEDs will both be off.
4. Press and release that same button again—the Door Opener will run.
C. For use with Openers having a row of Code Switches (9 or 12 switches).
(If you already have a working “code switch” remote, simply match your new GenieMaster™ Remote switches to those on your existing remote and proceed to step 4.)(FIG.3)
To operate a Code Switch equipped operator:
1. Open the opener’s light lens in order to gain access to its row of Code Switches. These are 3 position switches (+, – and 0).
2. Slide off the rear cover of the remote (FIG. 3).
3. Set the Code Switches positions in the remote to match those of the switches in the opener. (If you are working with a 9 switch operator, set the remote switches 10, 11 and 12 to the center or “0” position)
4. Locate the non-rolling code button label inside the Rear Cover (FIG. 3).
5. Press the non-rolling code button B, C or D (FIG.3) that matches the appropriate code switch description on the label. The YELLOW LED next to the battery will begin flashing.
6. Press and release the Remote Button you want to assign to that opener—the GREEN LED on the remote will flash for approximately 2 seconds and stop.
7. Pressing the same button again will operate the opener—The RED LED on the remote will flash while the button is pressed.
D. Replacing the Battery. (Programming is not affected by battery replacement.)
1. Slide the Circuit Board Cover off the back of the remote (FIG. 3).
2. Slide the old battery toward the bottom of the remote and out.
3. Properly discard the old battery.
4. Slide a new (2032 size) battery into position and slide the Cover back on
E. Resetting the Remote
To return a Remote Button to its original Intellicode® 1 mode:
1. Slide the Circuit Board Cover off (FIG. 3).
2. Press the DEFAULT button—the yellow LED will flash.
3. Press the Remote Button you wish to reprogram. It's now Intellicode® 1 again.
|Replacement Transmitter Recommendation|
|Description:||3-Button, Intellicode® 315/390 MHz|
|If you have any of the below transmitters, a replacement|
|transmitter can be GM3T-R.|
|GIT-1 or G2T-1||GIT-2 or G2T-2||2 GIT-3 or G2T-3|
|GT-912||GT90-1 or||GT90-2 or|
|GT90-3 or||GT90-4 or||MAT90-1 or|