Replacement Belt for 7' Garage Door Opener- 37561R.S
The 37561R.S Belt and Bullet assembly is used on various model Genie garage door openers that have a C-Channel rail for a 7' high garage door.
- Assembly has a 1 piece belt with the bullet attached
- Compatible with the following Genie garage door openers that have a belt rail: SilentMax 1000, SilentMax 1200, IntelliG 1000, IntelliG 1200, ReliaG Series
- Also compatible with any Genie garage door opener with belt rail that model number begins with 1028, 1128, 2028, 2128, 3020, 3042, 3024, 3120, 4042, 4024
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
which belt do I need for model 2024 ??
We no longer have a belt available for Genie model 2024. Sorry for the inconvenience, we would recommend replacing the unit.
I need a replacement belt for my genie model 7055
What belt would be compatible with a PMX80-q 7' door don't need exact one I'll MacGyver it together if I have to
Sorry there is no belt for the PMX80 still available or compatible.
I understand that Genie does not make replacement belts for model 2042, but will this belt fit & work with model 2042?
No, sorry this is not compatible with the 2042 model.
how long in inches is the belt???? I need a 247 long belt. thank you
If your belt is 247 inches long (bolt end to bolt end) then you have the 8 foot belt and would need the Replacement Belt for 8' Garage Door Opener - 39354S.S.
I have a model 2042. Is there a replacement belt for that?
Sorry we no longer have a belt replacement for the model 2042.
I have 7' Garage for a single car. Replacement Belt for 7' Garage Door Opener- 37561R.S I wonder if this fit on mine genie 3053 model. I bought one at Amazon but it's about 10" LONNG. Genie GEN39026R Garage Door Opener for 8'door.please let me know please
The replacement belt for model 3053 for a 7 foot tall door would be 39354R.S.
is this the right replacement belt for model 2024? Thanks
No, unfortunately we no longer have a belt replacement for a 2024.
I’m changing belt on genie silent max 1000 model 3042. Are new railings required along with the belt?
No, you should be able to use the same rail, as long as it is not damaged.
It’s ok for model GPS1200IC?
Sorry, we no longer have a belt for Genie Model GPS1200IC. The part number when available for a 7 foot belt for this model was 20463R.S, you can attempt to locate this part from a local or online supplier, however we cannot guarantee you will be able to find.
What is the part# of the belt for model#1024 ? I will research it to see if I can locate one outside of Genie as I understand you know longer have it available. Thank you !
The part number for the belt for a 1024 model is below:
7 foot door belt - 36607A.S
8 foot door belt - 36607B.S
Will The 37561R.S Belt work on a model 1024? Thanks.
Sorry, that belt is not compatible with Genie model 1024. We no longer have the belt compatible with that unit.
So you no longer offer the 2042 replacement belt. Is there another option that’s compatible or do we need to buy a whole new system?
Unfortunately we no longer have the belt replacement for the 2042 or any other belt that will work with that model. We would recommend replacing the unit.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
37561R.S will this belt work on Genie model 2026
No this belt is not compatible with the 2026 and there is no compatible replacement belt for this model. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Will this belt work on Genie Model 2026?
No, this belt will not work and there is no replacment belt for model 1026. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Will this work on a 1024?
No, sorry this belt is not compatible with model 1024. There is no replacement belt for the 1024.
Will this belt fit a 2024 model
No, this belt 375461R.S is not compatible with the 2024 model. There is no replacement belt for the 2024 model.
I have an Overhead Door Phantom 777CD with a busted belt. I would like to replace the belt. I have a 7 ft. tall garage door. Will this belt work? The bullet on my busted belt is in great shape and I could reuse it. Do you sell just the belt material.
Part number 37561R.S is not compatible with model 777CD. The belt for this model is no longer available.
will this belt work on a PMX500ic/b? if not can you give me a part # that will thanks
No, it will not. We no longer have the belt for the PMX 500IC/B.
Does belt 37561R.S work on a 2024 Model?
No, it will not. We no longer have a belt for the 2024 model garage door opener.
Will it work with the 2024 model? If not, where can I find a belt?
No, it will not. We no longer have a belt for the 2024 model garage door opener.
If this belt will not work for the 2040l, what are my aftermarket options for a replacement belt or what do you recommend to fix my garage door with a broken belt?
We no longer have a belt for the 2040L model garage door opener.
I have Genie 2028, but an 8' door. Which belt replacement assembly should I purchase: 37561R.S or 37561S.S?
The 2028 model garage door opener with an 8-foot high door rail would take the 37561S.S belt.
Will this work with a model 1042?
No, it will not. We no longer have the replacement belt for the 1042 model garage door opener.
Will this work for 2024 model? If not where can I find the replacement belt?
No, it will not. We no longer have a replacement belt for the 2024 model garage door opener.
Will this work on a Genie PMX500IC/B opener.
No, it will not. We no longer have the belt for the PMX500IC/B.
How does the bullet attach securely to the carriage? I'm ordering a new bullet b/c I broke mine and trying to figure out if I also need a new carriage. (I was trying to reset the up/down limits after power outage and thought the carriage was locked (lever was up) but apparently it was not. Belt otherwise appears fine, but I haven't disassembled the unit yet to figure this out and not sure if I need to order a new carriage as well.) Thanks.
These instructions will show you how the carriage is replaced and locks in. If you need assistance with troubleshooting, you can also contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643.
will the fit the 1024 model with a 7ft door? if not what belt do i need? thank you for your time
This belt will not work with the 1024 model garage door opener. We no longer have the belt for that model.
Will this belt work for the Genie 2024 model ? I cannot find a replacement belt for the model I have.
We no longer have a replacement belt for the 2024 model garage door opener.
do you have a belt for a model 1042 Genie? THANKS
We no longer have a replacement belt for the model 1042.
what belt do i use on my 2042
We no longer have a belt for the 2042 model garage door opener.
Will this belt work with silent ax model 3042
Hi Craig -
Yes this belt will work on the SilentMax 1000 Model 3042 Genie garage door opener, as long as your garage door is 7ft in height.
Will this work for 1024 Model?
No, it will not. We no longer have the belt for the 1024 model.
will this belt work on Genie model#2024, if not what belt & number will work?
No, it will not. We no longer have the belt for the 2024 model garage door opener.
Will this belt fit the 2042 Model? If not, which do you recommend?
No, it will not. We no longer have the belt for the 2042 model garage door opener.
Does this belt fit model 4042?
Yes, it does!
Will this work for model 3055?
No, it will not. You would need the 39354R.S belt for the 3055 model garage door openers.
Will this work for the Genie Pro Model 1024? Thank you.
No, it will not. We no longer have the 7-foot belt for the 1024 model garage door opener.
Can this belt be modified to replace the 20463R.S for a PMX 500icb on a 7 ft door if I have the original bullet connectors?
No, this will not work with the PMX500IC/B model. We no longer have the belt for that model.
I believe I need the 37561R.S Belt. The only model no. I can find is PMX500IC/B, is this the correct belt. It only says Genie Pro Max on the side. Trying not to take it apart soon then needed. Plus the bullet part I have is metal, the photo looks like it is plastic? Thank You for your time.
This belt will not work with the PMX500IC/B. Please contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643.
does this belt fit a model 2024?
No, we no longer have the belt for the 2024 model garage door opener.
Would this belt work for model 1042
No, it will not. We no longer have a 7-foot belt for the 1042 model garage door opener.
What replacement belt do you offer for the Genie 2024 model?
We no longer have the belt available for the 2024 model.
Hi will this belt work for Genie 2026?
No, it will not.
will it fit model 1024
No, this belt will not fit the 1024 model. We no longer have a belt for the 7-foot rail for the 1024.
Will this work on a model 2055?
No, the 37561R.S will not work for the Genie garage door opener model 2055, you would need the belt part number 39354R.S.
Will this belt work with Genie 2024?
No, the 37561R.S belt will not work with the 2024 model.
Will it work for Genie Pro Stealth Model GPS 1200IC?
No, it will not.
is this belt compatible with Genie 7055?
No, for the 7055 you would need the 39354S.S belt.
will this work on model 2042?
No, it will not.
Will this belt work for 1028 model
Yes, it will!
Will this also work for a model 2040L
This belt will not work for the 2040L. We no longer have the belt for that model.
Will this belt work on a Genie Quietlift 750 model 1055?
No, for Genie model 1055 you would Genie Replacement Belt for 7' Garage Door Opener- 39354R.S – The Genie Company.
Replacing the 7-Foot Belt (37561R.S) Instructions
Replacing the 37561R.S belt will require removal of the garage door opener from it’s mounting hardware and repairs made on a bench or floor. Refer to your models Owners Manual and/or Installation Poster for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your model.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull the red Emergency Release Cord on the Carriage to disengage the garage door opener in order to close the door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using the garage door opener, please use extreme caution when manually closing the door. Before pulling the Emergency Release Cord, make certain people and objects are clear of the garage door opening.)
2. Unplug Opener Power Cord from power receptacle (outlet).
3. Open Lens Cover by pressing middle tab inward and remove Light Bulbs. FIG. 1.
4. Remove Wall Control and Safe-T-Beam wires from Terminal Block located on side of Opener FIG. 1. Use a small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from the block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
5. Remove Network and Battery Backup Harnesses from the front of Opener (if applicable).
6. Remove the 2-9/16” Nuts & Bolts from Door Arms to separate door from Opener. FIG. 2.
7. Remove Motor Head and the belt Rail Assembly from mounting brackets and set on a clean work surface or floor.
8. Remove the 4-7/16” self-tapping bolts from the Rail/Motor mounting straps and pull Rail from Motor Head. FIG.3. Set Motor Head aside. Set the belt Rail Assembly on the floor upside down to aid in disassembly.
9. Loosen Tensioner Nut from door end of Rail to create slack in Belt/Chain. FIG. 4.
10. Remove 2-1/4” screws holding Pulley Guard in place. FIG. 5.
11. Remove 2-1/4” screws from Motor Pulley Assembly. FIG. 3.
12. Dislodge Motor Pulley Assembly from locking tabs (FIG. 3) and slide towards door end of the rail to feed Tensioner Assembly, Pulley Guard, and Belt out through the end of the Rail. FIG. 5.
13. Remove Tensioner Pulley Pin to remove Pulley. FIG. 5
14. Discard old Belt & Bullet Assembly and replace with the new 37561R.S belt in reverse order.
15. Reinstall Tensioner Pulley Pin. FIG. 5.
16. Slide Motor Pulley Assembly, Carriage, Pulley Guard, and Tensioner Assembly back into original position making certain that locking tabs on Motor Pulley Assembly protrude through slots in Rail and secure with the 2-1/4” screws. FIG. 5.
17. Secure Pulley Guard with 2-1/4” screws.
18. Tighten Tensioner Nut until the slack is removed from Belt.
19. Install Rail to Motor Head Assembly using the two Mounting Straps and 4-7/16” self-tapping screws. FIG. 3.
20. Reinstall garage door opener assembly in reverse order as it was removed. Reference your models Owners Manual and Installation Poster if needed.
21. Plug the garage door opener in.
22. Clear and reprogram Limit Controls per your models Owners Manual.
You can also view these videos to help reprogram the limits.
We offer FREE shipping and handling on all orders that total over $17.99 and are shipped to a US address. All orders are shipped using UPS ground, directly from The Genie Company.
Buying GENUINE Genie accessories and parts guarantees that you are getting quality OEM materials backed by a Genie warranty.
Need assistance? We are here for you! We offer a wide range of customer support options including contact by phone or email, web chat services with a live agent, and a robust support section also located on our website. All customer care teams and services are based in the USA.